As you can see Vajdahunyad Castle on the Budapest Tourist Map, there are several sights to see close to Vajdahunyad Var.
Nearby Budapest attractions, within walking distance to Vajdahunyad Castle include:
- Hungarian Agricultural Museum with permanent and temporary exhibits in the Vajdahunyad Castle itself
- Statue of the Medieval Hungarian Chronicler, the hooded Anonymous (aka Anonymus): touch his pen to become a talented writer to share your stories
- Statue of Count Sandor Karolyi, modernized Hungarian Agriculture as the leader of the Magyar cooperative movement
- Boating Lake / Open Air Ice Skating Rink Budapest, with its Neo Baroque Palace (aka the Mujegpalya Pavilion in Budapest, which is just opposite the Vajdahunyad Castle): boating lake in spring, summer and fall, outdoor ice rink in winter
- Museum of Transport in Budapest with old trains, boats, models, etc. showing the history of transportation in the world and in Hungary (railways, aviation, sea travels, etc.)
- Szechenyi Bath Budapest, the biggest thermal bath with 18 public pools, massage treatments, saunas, bath parties, steam rooms, beauty salon, etc.
- Hall of Arts / Kunsthalle Budapest (Mucsarnok) featuring contemporary art exhibitions
- Museum of Fine Arts: classic fine art exhibitions of world famous artists are on display (closed until 2018 for reconstruction works)
- Budapest Zoo: loved for its lovely atmosphere and its fascinating Art Nouveau buildings (one of the Art Nouveau Budapest gems)
- Budapest Circus: the permanent building of the old school Budapest Circus with acrobats, tamers, clowns, magicians, etc.
- Historical Monument of the 1956 Revolution commemorating the events of October 23 1956, the revolt against the Soviet dictatorship.